You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown device - possible threat?

I found an unknown device on my account, it was a Mini Mac or Mac Mini, I deleted it right away without gathering info and I changed the password. But what is this device used for and how did it access my account? I’ve never heard of it until today and I definitely don’t have it. How could it possibly have logged into my account without me getting notified?

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:20 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2023 6:12 PM in response to Afnanalnaimi

Where did you see it? If you saw it in Settings/Bluetooth it is simply near your iPhone, and will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices that are not paired with your iPhone.

If you saw it in Settings/[your name] in the list of devices it was logged in to your Apple ID. If you don’t have 2 factor authentication you would not be notified if it logged in to your Apple ID.

A Mac Mini is an entry level Mac desktop computer.

May 22, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Afnanalnaimi

Then it’s definitely someone who shared your Apple ID, and have either shared it from before you had 2 factor authentication, or you got a notification that they logged in and accepted it. Do you or did you have any family members or friends who use the same Apple ID?

As long as you deleted them and changed your password you are safe now. Log in to https://appleid.apple.com and see what devices still share your Apple ID (if any).

Unknown device - possible threat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.