You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail attachment slow downloading

Hey guys,

Question to the pros. For some reason my Mac Mail has been loading PDFs, Doc or Images incredibly slow that I had to switch to alternative email softwares.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:47 AM

Hi Less,

I find this problem on my Iphone and Mac. My speed is 100mps and it still takes forever to download a file size of 54kb. I am a businessman and find it really frustrating.

This is a apple problem when is this going to be resolved

7 replies

Oct 19, 2023 7:28 PM in response to jacquesm79

[Been with Apple since the early 90's and] I have the same issue with a brand new Mac Studio, macOS Sonoma, same problem on IOS17 - so it's not the hardware, it's this clunky, outdated, Apple Mail program.

Takes 5mins to download and preview a 50kb file - what the actual _ _ _ _!

*Here's a radical suggestion, try separating all the attachments into it's own area, instead of continually burying them in endless conversation threads – just a thought.

Given the previous complaint was back in August, I'm not expecting a solution anytime soon...

May 23, 2023 1:52 PM in response to agung266

Hello agung266,

There are some basic troubleshooting you can try that may resolve the issue. To get started, we recommend ensuring that your Mac is up to date. Updates are a great way to resolve issues like this. You can learn how to create a backup and update your Mac here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, you can try to improve the preformace of your Mac by following the steps here: If your Mac runs slowly - Apple Support

Finally, can you see if the issue is related to software that loads as your Mac starts up using safe mode. You can learn how to use safe more here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Thanks.

Mail attachment slow downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.