You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

linked to my Apple ID

I had this phone and then decided to give it to my daughter when I got my new one somehow she is still linked to my Apple ID even though she has her Apple ID sign in how can I separate her phone from my account??

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:11 PM

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

You need to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then you have to remove the iPhone from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your daughter can sign in with her own Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2023 12:11 PM in response to OpticalDelusions369

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

You need to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then you have to remove the iPhone from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your daughter can sign in with her own Apple ID.

linked to my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.