You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photo Stream Shut Down- Which photos are saved?

How do I know what photos are not saved?

Posted on May 27, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 6:35 PM

See the article My Photo Stream - Apple Support

What happens to your photos if you turn off My Photo Stream

Before you turn off My Photo Stream, save any photos that you want to keep on your device. If you sign out of iCloud or turn off My Photo Stream on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, all of the photos in the My Photo Stream album are removed from that device.

The photos from My Photo Stream on your other devices aren't affected. Photos from My Photo Stream stay on the iCloud server for 30 days from the date you upload them to My Photo Stream. If you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and turn on My Photo Stream on another device, the photos automatically download.

How My Photo Stream works with iCloud Photos

My Photo Stream uploads your most recent photos (except Live Photos) so that you can view and import them to another device, if you like. Photos are stored in My Photo Stream for 30 days and then are deleted from iCloud. To keep your photos stored in iCloud on an ongoing basis, set up and use iCloud Photos. iCloud Photos uploads all of your photos and videos to iCloud and keeps them up to date across your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2023 6:35 PM in response to cassie41

See the article My Photo Stream - Apple Support

What happens to your photos if you turn off My Photo Stream

Before you turn off My Photo Stream, save any photos that you want to keep on your device. If you sign out of iCloud or turn off My Photo Stream on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, all of the photos in the My Photo Stream album are removed from that device.

The photos from My Photo Stream on your other devices aren't affected. Photos from My Photo Stream stay on the iCloud server for 30 days from the date you upload them to My Photo Stream. If you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and turn on My Photo Stream on another device, the photos automatically download.

How My Photo Stream works with iCloud Photos

My Photo Stream uploads your most recent photos (except Live Photos) so that you can view and import them to another device, if you like. Photos are stored in My Photo Stream for 30 days and then are deleted from iCloud. To keep your photos stored in iCloud on an ongoing basis, set up and use iCloud Photos. iCloud Photos uploads all of your photos and videos to iCloud and keeps them up to date across your devices.

My Photo Stream Shut Down- Which photos are saved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.