You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 12 Bluetooth constantly buffering?

When I access Bluetooth on my phone, it shows that it is turned on but underneath it is constantly buffering and stating it is attempting to connect to devices. This happens all the time. I have turned Bluetooth off and on. I have forced the phone to turn off and turned it back on. I have put it in Airplane Mode and restored it. I have manually checked for updates and installed the updates. The buffering continues. I have an Apple IPhone 12. What do I do next.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 3:03 PM

It's not "buffering". It is looking for devices that are discoverable so that you can pair with them. When you close that page, it will stop. it's like the light in the fridge. It does go out when you close the door...

4 replies

Jul 12, 2024 6:03 AM in response to BoostMobileUser

When I open Bluetooth on my iPhone 15, in ‘Other Devices’ the spinning circle is constantly in motion apparently looking for devices to connect to Bluetooth. Ok. But, it’s finding devices that are in perhaps a nearby apartment.. a bit dismaying. I thought I could solve that by pressing on one of the unknown devices. After I did that it said.. ‘Connected’ and moved it into the ‘My Devices’ category. YIKES! So I clicked on the newly added ‘device’ entry and was given options.. I selected ‘Forget this device’.. and it became unlisted under the My Devices heading.. but then promptly showed up again under ‘Other Devices’. I would very much like to have the ability to have those unknown devices not show up again in ‘Other Devices’. I would appreciate an additional option like.. This Device is not mine and I never want it to be in ‘My Devices’ - Never! Can you help with this problem? Thank you. Mary H.

Jul 12, 2024 9:50 AM in response to 609hue

There is no such option. When you open Settings -> Bluetooth, your iPhone will present two lists. My Devices is a list of all devices that you have been paired. Other Devices is a list of all devices detected within Bluetooth range. That range is between 30 and 800 feet, depending on the device. Devices in Other Devices cannot interact with your iPhone in any way unless you tap on one and try to connect.

If you see a device in the My Devices list that you do not want, do as you already did and tap Forget this Device. It will no longer appear in My Devices. If it is still in range, it will continue to appear in Other Devices.

Why is my iPhone 12 Bluetooth constantly buffering?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.