You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have photos in My Photo Stream? How would I find out?

Since Apple is canceling My Photo Stream in July I would like to see if I have anything stored in My Photo Stream. How do I find out if I have photos in My Photo Stream, or if I have My Photo Stream?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 2:49 PM

You can also check in the settings to see if you even have the Photo Stream option.

Go to Settings>Photos. If you do not see the option for Photo Stream or it is not enabled, you don’t have a Photo Stream album.

Apple ID’s that were created more recently never had the option to use Photo Stream. My wife and daughter created Apple ID’s in late 2018 and never had the option to use Photo Stream in the settings.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2023 2:49 PM in response to azaksores242

You can also check in the settings to see if you even have the Photo Stream option.

Go to Settings>Photos. If you do not see the option for Photo Stream or it is not enabled, you don’t have a Photo Stream album.

Apple ID’s that were created more recently never had the option to use Photo Stream. My wife and daughter created Apple ID’s in late 2018 and never had the option to use Photo Stream in the settings.

May 30, 2023 5:51 AM in response to annfromnew bern

My Photo Stream never stored your photos permanently. Only your most recent photos were uploaded and then deleted after 30 days. When the service stops you will not lose any of your photos. They will remain on the device they were uploaded from. Again, My Photo Stream was ever only a temporary storage event. Even if you used it you will not lose anything when it stops.

if you want access to your photos on all device you will need to start using iCloud Photos going forward.

Do I have photos in My Photo Stream? How would I find out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.