You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you connect more than two pairs of Bluetooth headphones to the same device?

Can you connect more than two pairs of Bluetooth headphones a iPhone iPad at the same time to the same device

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 9:41 AM

If you are interested in sharing the audio using AirPods or Beats headphones, check this article to see if it helps.

Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones - Apple Support

While you can connect multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time, the problem comes down to routing the audio to those devices and I believe is only capable with the Apple devices. There may be other audio devices that will share the audio with each other so the sound comes from multiple speakers, but that is a feature in those devices and the iPhone is not routing the audio each devices.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2023 9:41 AM in response to JohnGC1

If you are interested in sharing the audio using AirPods or Beats headphones, check this article to see if it helps.

Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones - Apple Support

While you can connect multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time, the problem comes down to routing the audio to those devices and I believe is only capable with the Apple devices. There may be other audio devices that will share the audio with each other so the sound comes from multiple speakers, but that is a feature in those devices and the iPhone is not routing the audio each devices.

May 28, 2023 9:51 AM in response to JohnGC1

Generally, no.

Bluetooth 5.0 added support for two audio output devices, so any vendor offering that earlier than Bluetooth 5.0, or offering more than two outputs, is doing their own thing.

And not all vendors support either Bluetooth 5.0, or support the Dual Audio output feature of Bluetooth 5.0.

Some speaker vendors reportedly do offer multiple outputs with their apps and their speakers, though.

Conceivably, you could also use analog output and an analog splitter and Bluetooth transmitters, but that all gets clunky.

May 31, 2023 8:52 AM in response to JohnGC1

JohnGC1 wrote:

Can I please get some assistance my iPhone 14 pro max will not turn on plugged in last night. It was charging when plugged in and I woke up a little after 4 AM and acted like it’s completely dead. I’ve been messing with it ever cents trying to get it to turn on, the same block that was charging. It is currently charging my iPad with the same cord attached to that block in the same outlet.

Try this: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Then contact Apple Support. Use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage, and chat or call as available.

If you do want to continue discussing this here, I’d suggest re-posting this as your own thread and with a relevant title, and not here absolutely buried in this already-Apple-recommended-answered Bluetooth thread.

Apr 5, 2024 7:44 AM in response to Certified(!)Vampire

Certified(!)Vampire wrote:

My particular interest in this context lies in connecting a pair of in-ear, noise-cancelling buds and a bone-conduction headset to see what this does to the sound experience.

Of course, now that I have written this down, I imagine some overachiever will take the idea and run with it... 😄

Anyway, that was my primary interest in connecting two sets of bluetooth audio devices simultaneously.

Anything?

Okay, these mixed threads get confusing to me (or maybe you switched nicknames?), and my answer (to the original question) is included above.

If the Bluetooth audio devices meet the linked requirements, shared playback is an option. Otherwise, no.

Audio feedback (no pun intended) best sent to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

May 31, 2023 3:17 AM in response to JohnGC1

Can I please get some assistance my iPhone 14 pro max will not turn on plugged in last night. It was charging when plugged in and I woke up a little after 4 AM and acted like it’s completely dead. I’ve been messing with it ever cents trying to get it to turn on, the same block that was charging. It is currently charging my iPad with the same cord attached to that block in the same outlet.

Apr 5, 2024 4:49 AM in response to MrHoffman

My particular interest in this context lies in connecting a pair of in-ear, noise-cancelling buds and a bone-conduction headset to see what this does to the sound experience.

Of course, now that I have written this down, I imagine some overachiever will take the idea and run with it... 😄

Anyway, that was my primary interest in connecting two sets of bluetooth audio devices simultaneously.

Anything?

Can you connect more than two pairs of Bluetooth headphones to the same device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.