You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad security lockout

Good afternoon. I purchased my apple iPad in November 2022 at Best Buy. Yesterday I used the same password I have always used but it locked my out and after multiple attempts it has security locked me out. Is there a way apple support can remotely unlock it since we do not have an Apple Store close to us here in Johnson City TN.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2023 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 9:36 AM

I got security this locked out how do I reset it for iPad

5 replies

May 28, 2023 12:35 PM in response to Noel2901

Your iPhone is in the state of “security lockout”. You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer) Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

iPad security lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.