You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging iPhone in Italy

Do I need a voltage converter to charge an iPhone Italy?

Posted on May 28, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 2:32 PM

Just to make things complicated.....Italy uses a slightly different type of wall plug than the rest of most of Europe, which is what you see in the post above from Axel F.

The adapter that you need for Italy is called an L Adapter. It will look like this:

The normal European adapter might still work....and it might not. So, best to buy a few adapters that are specific to Italy. Amazon has them as well as airport shops and most hotels in Italy that I've stayed at.

Some adapters will also include USB ports if you need them.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2023 2:32 PM in response to Andilee14

Just to make things complicated.....Italy uses a slightly different type of wall plug than the rest of most of Europe, which is what you see in the post above from Axel F.

The adapter that you need for Italy is called an L Adapter. It will look like this:

The normal European adapter might still work....and it might not. So, best to buy a few adapters that are specific to Italy. Amazon has them as well as airport shops and most hotels in Italy that I've stayed at.

Some adapters will also include USB ports if you need them.

May 28, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Andilee14

The equipment (like most these days) itself is electrically universal - able to accept 100-240V AC with anything from 50-60 Hz. But the issue is making that electrical connection, where all that's needed is a passive adapter that basically just makes the metal connection from the outlet to the pins/prongs.

What kind of connection are you using? Two-prong bladed, or something else?

You don't need to use your original iPhone power adapter either. If it's something like a 5W "cube" it might even be a good idea to use something else. I might even consider getting a decent quality one with the native plug, or possibly one of the Apple ones with their modular "duckhead" attachment.

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Apple/PWRDUCKEUA/

Charging iPhone in Italy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.