You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows Desktop shows songs as being on phone but they are not

I have an iPhone XS and a Windows 10 desktop. All OS and Apps are the latest versions.

I recently did a synch to my phone to (hopefully) add some new tunes. What happened, instead, is that most of my music is no longer on my phone. iTunes desktop shows 4000+ tunes available on my phone. In reality, the only ones there are ones I've purchased from the iTunes store.

After several attempts at resynching, re-authorizing the computer and other things, I decided to create a new clean iTunes library on my desktop. With my iTunes library now empty, I synched the phone again. Same result - the only tunes there are ones I've purchased. But iTunes desktop still shows the 4000+ songs there.

Help?

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 9:11 AM

Connect iPhone to Windows Computer

Troubleshoot if unable to connect

You can use some of the following features

To navigate iTunesuse the buttons in the navigation bar at the top of the iTunes window. To switch to a media type, like Music, Movies, TV ... Download and use iTunes for Windows 10

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2023 9:11 AM in response to vtgaryw

Connect iPhone to Windows Computer

Troubleshoot if unable to connect

You can use some of the following features

To navigate iTunesuse the buttons in the navigation bar at the top of the iTunes window. To switch to a media type, like Music, Movies, TV ... Download and use iTunes for Windows 10

iTunes on Windows Desktop shows songs as being on phone but they are not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.