You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking the old Apple ID password

I had created a new Apple ID which is active on my device and it’s showing me on my device settings but still then it keep on asking the password of my old Apple ID which I had removed instead of asking the password of new Apple ID account .I need a solution how to clarify it.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 5:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:10 AM

If you still have problems with persistent password requests read about "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID email address or password" - What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If you are signed in with a different ID on a device and did not erase the device first, it may require you be logged in with the previous account if you have apps on the device that were downloaded with that earlier account. Delete apps, and if necessary buy them again to download them with the current iD.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2023 8:10 AM in response to Chishi

If you still have problems with persistent password requests read about "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID email address or password" - What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If you are signed in with a different ID on a device and did not erase the device first, it may require you be logged in with the previous account if you have apps on the device that were downloaded with that earlier account. Delete apps, and if necessary buy them again to download them with the current iD.

Asking the old Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.