You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost FOLDER in notes

I was trying to organize the order of my folders in notes. I did a hard press and a window popped up, I clicked to the side of that window to make the window go away. I didn’t look at it to see what it was, because I just knew it was some thing I didn’t want to do, whatever it was. I was just trying to slide a folder higher up in the order. And instantly the folder was gone.

I had at least 100 notes in that folder. And it was my most important folder., aptly name “important”.

When I go into the search bar, and search for a known note, it shows up in the results, stating at the bottom that it is still in that folder, but I can’t find the folder. I looked in the deleted section, and there is no folder in there. just one note that I recently deleted.

Is there any way that I can find and recover this folder? It was, of course, deleted across all of my devices.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 9:00 AM

Please check your email accounts that store all your notes. They are synced to Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any other etc.

Where were the Notes that you lost? See the pic below. You will get your answer.

The Aol notes are not stored on the iPhone they are synced to the email account.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2023 9:00 AM in response to Shelbyco53

Please check your email accounts that store all your notes. They are synced to Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any other etc.

Where were the Notes that you lost? See the pic below. You will get your answer.

The Aol notes are not stored on the iPhone they are synced to the email account.

Lost FOLDER in notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.