You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home, HomeKit in iPhone but why & how to remove?

I have Home and HomeKit

in my iPhone, by way of app and in settings. The amount of data changes for both. I’ve never used either even once and I’m wondering if there’s a reason they would be there with fluctuating amounts of data. If not, how do I get them off my iphone and determine how they got in so it doesn’t happen again? I have tried everything and turning them off isn’t satisfactory. Ty

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:57 PM

Hello,

The Home App is an application by Apple that allows you to use all your smart home applications as seen by the following article: Home app - Apple. The application will come with any device set up from new unless deleted otherwise. HomeKit is the framework that the Home App uses to connect with third-party home accessories. It could potentially fluctuate if you have recently updated to iOS 16.4, released on March 28th 2023, with updates to the HomeKit frameworks compatibility with Matter accessories, a protocol that standardizes all smart home accessories, and updates to the Home App's accessibility features. You can learn more here: About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support. If you don't want the Home App, you can use any of the ways of removing an application here: Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support. Hope this helps.

Yasamean

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 2:57 PM in response to Device07

Hello,

The Home App is an application by Apple that allows you to use all your smart home applications as seen by the following article: Home app - Apple. The application will come with any device set up from new unless deleted otherwise. HomeKit is the framework that the Home App uses to connect with third-party home accessories. It could potentially fluctuate if you have recently updated to iOS 16.4, released on March 28th 2023, with updates to the HomeKit frameworks compatibility with Matter accessories, a protocol that standardizes all smart home accessories, and updates to the Home App's accessibility features. You can learn more here: About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support. If you don't want the Home App, you can use any of the ways of removing an application here: Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support. Hope this helps.

Yasamean

Jun 8, 2023 10:38 AM in response to yasamean

Hi,

Thank you for your response. The problem is I’ve never used Home or HomeKit for anything, ever. I’m not connected to a computer of any kind, cameras, lights, nothing. I deleted it the first day I got my iPhone and it showed up days later one morning and HomeKit too. HomeKit continues to fluctuate in Settings too. Plus other info in Settings I’ve never seen before like XCODE and data that’s indicative of Developer status which makes no sense as I’m a standard user and it was a brand new iPhone. I have Apps will not stay deleted no matter how many times I do so and this is one of them.

Home, HomeKit in iPhone but why & how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.