You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

we have a Ipad Pro 10.5 and i want to receive pictures from my camera

We have the 2017 version of IPad Pro 0.5. We want to transfer pictures from our camera, Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Digital Camera, to our IPad.

these elderly folks could use all your help.

Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 3:00 PM

There are a few ways you can do this.

Easiest thing to do I think , is to extract the memory card from the camera and use a card reader connected to the iPad to get the photos off.

1. Open the battery compartment and extract the memory card. Make sure the camera is turned off.
  2. Use a card reader that can accept the memory card such as Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader — Apple - Apple

This Apple Card reader can be connected directly to the iPad's charging port and and should produce the Photos import screen automatically.

Other card readers may require a Lightning to USB adapter: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple

click here ➜ Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 3:00 PM in response to Nakedland

There are a few ways you can do this.

Easiest thing to do I think , is to extract the memory card from the camera and use a card reader connected to the iPad to get the photos off.

1. Open the battery compartment and extract the memory card. Make sure the camera is turned off.
  2. Use a card reader that can accept the memory card such as Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader — Apple - Apple

This Apple Card reader can be connected directly to the iPad's charging port and and should produce the Photos import screen automatically.

Other card readers may require a Lightning to USB adapter: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple

click here ➜ Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

May 31, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Nakedland

There are two principal methods to transfer pictures from your camera(s) to your iPad:

1) If your camera(s) have a USB connection, you can use a direct cable transfer with a suitable USB cable and an Adpater; to do so, the camera must be in MTP mode.

• Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

2) Copy photos from the cameras SD Storage Card to the iPad - using and SD Card adapter:

• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MJYT2ZM/A

Start here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

Direct import of photos from your camera SD Card to your Photo library is possible - subject to a couple of caveats:

• the SD Card must be correctly formatted as FAT, FAT32 or exFAT (FAT64)
  • stored photos are stored within the expected DCIM folder

Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

If you are unable to use the direct photo import feature, you can still manually access and copy photos from the SD Card using the iPad’s built-in Files App. To do so, just open the Files App - and in the Sidebar you will see your SD Card in the list of Locations. If necessary, open the sidebar by tapping the sidebar icon at top-left of the Files App Window. Photos can be copied to the iPad Photo Library, or copied to a folder of your choice either on your iPad or elsewhere.

we have a Ipad Pro 10.5 and i want to receive pictures from my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.