You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting MacMini M1 to MacBook Air M1 - Bluetooth connects, then disconnects

Yesterday I was using universal control between the two without problems. Today, they briefly connect via Bluetooth and then disconnect. I confirmed they are connected to the same wifi. Tuned Bluetooth off and on in each, completed pairing by typing in code...they pair for 5 seconds and then un-pair.

Is this a recent bug? My mouse and keyboard (Logi MX Master 3 & Keys) were working flawlessly across devices yesterday. Any ideas appreciated.

Posted on May 31, 2023 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 9:16 PM

Jorgie2u Said:

"Connecting MacMini M1 to MacBook Air M1 - Bluetooth connects, then disconnects"

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Use my User Tip: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 1, 2023 12:41 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks, TheLittles - using macOS 13.4:

• Attempted to reset the Bluetooth Module via Terminal command "sudo pkill Bluetooth" on both,
    • Restarted each (Mini and Air)
    • After attempting to pair Mini to Air from "available devices" and inputting the confirmation code, they connected for ~2 secs and disconnected again.
    • I tried the same, initiating the pairing request from Air to Mini—the same results.

The weirdest thing just happened though: The Universal Control is now working (Mouse & Keys); however, still, they each show "not connected" - oh well, I'm happy now as that is the functionality I was after. Unsure why they would still show Not Connected within the Bluetooth Settings

Thanks again for your help :-)

Connecting MacMini M1 to MacBook Air M1 - Bluetooth connects, then disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.