You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dock not hiding problem solved

I've had this problem for four years since I updated to macOS Catalina, and it has been eating away at my mind and time.

When navigating around Desktops (spaces), the Dock would randomly appear even though it was set to hide automatically. It was especially noticeable in full-screen spaces. I have just managed to solve the problem and would like to share it with you.

The way to do it is to right-click on the Dock and click `Turn Hiding On`.

Do you think it's a joke? I thought so too. Even though `Automatically Hide and Show the Dock` was turned on in the settings, another hidden, insidious culprit was lurking.

I feel for all of you who have struggled with this issue. And I am completely dumbfounded by developers who don't love macOS.

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 3:02 AM

3 replies

dock not hiding problem solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.