You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone shuts down and technician say is gearing issue, any ideas what to do ?

my iphone shuts down and I did everything I could and contact Apple support, send to technician and technician say is gearing issue which require service which is better to purchase new phone, any ideas what to do to my current phone ?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 5:49 AM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2023 8:05 PM in response to Yun24

Yun24 Said:

"my iphone shuts down and technician say is gearing issue, any ideas what to do ?: my iphone shuts down and I did everything I could and contact Apple support, send to technician and technician say is gearing issue which require service which is better to purchase new phone, any ideas what to do to my current phone ?"

-------

iPhone Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone might be stuck in a boot loop. And this typically happens when you unsuccessfully download something or an install stalls.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Jun 16, 2023 3:39 AM in response to Yun24

If your iPhone is shutting down and the technician suggests a gearing issue, here are some options for your current phone:

1. Backup data: Ensure you have a backup of your important data.
  2. Get a second opinion: Seek advice from another technician or an authorized Apple service center.
  3. Evaluate repair options: Check if repairing the gearing issue is possible and the cost involved.
  4. Check warranty coverage: Contact Apple support to see if the issue is covered under warranty.
  5. Consider trade-in or upgrade: Explore trade-in or upgrade programs for discounts on a new iPhone.
  6. Try third-party repairs: Look for reputable third-party repair services as an alternative.

Consider the cost, age, and your needs when deciding whether to repair or replace your iPhone.

my iphone shuts down and technician say is gearing issue, any ideas what to do ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.