You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS storage

Hello everyone, I recently ran into a problem with Mac and iCloud storage. At the moment I have 256 GB of Mac storage and 200 GB of iCloud plus. I synced about 100 GB of files with Windows using the icloud application and then launched my macbook directly. As a result, it started downloading files and the disk space decreased sharply (the storage of the poppy itself, not iCloud). How to solve this problem? What happens to open files that were downloaded from icloud to mac. As far as I know, decoding takes place on the iPhone and after a while the files from the iPhone storage are already uploaded back to iCloud. What about Mac? Many thanks in advance to everyone for the help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 2:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:52 AM

iCloud Drive is an interactive service. What happened is supposed to happen as you synchronized your devices. Doing that means all will have the same data and as you delete/add the totals will change.

You can limit what you use with iCloud Drive: System Preferences > Your ID > iCloud. If you're not careful and your iCloud Drive space is large, you can fill up a smallish disk such as yours

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2023 8:52 AM in response to Elbeg_03

iCloud Drive is an interactive service. What happened is supposed to happen as you synchronized your devices. Doing that means all will have the same data and as you delete/add the totals will change.

You can limit what you use with iCloud Drive: System Preferences > Your ID > iCloud. If you're not careful and your iCloud Drive space is large, you can fill up a smallish disk such as yours

MacOS storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.