You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch Series 1 not turning on

My Apple Watch series one was dead so I put it on the charger and the apple logo shows up and then flashes on and off while on charger I don’t know what to do. I’ve been charging in for 2 hours now like this and I tried to do a hard reset but nothing

Apple Watch Series 1

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:29 PM

I suggest performing a forced restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, accept that series 1 are not serviceable by Apple. Replace it!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2023 3:29 PM in response to ciera_256

I suggest performing a forced restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, accept that series 1 are not serviceable by Apple. Replace it!

Jun 13, 2023 8:08 AM in response to ciera_256

ciera_256 wrote:

Would a 3rd party business that fixes Apple Watches and iPads and screens might be able to replace the battery

Series 1 is far behind on watchOS, and Apple isn’t repairing it.

Any third-party repairs are entirely your choice.

As for the repairs… Submerging Series 1 is Not Recommended, and what little resistance it still has (if any) will continue to degrade. A third-party repair causing further degradation would unfortunately not be unusual.

I’d look at spending on a newer (used) Watch.

My Apple Watch Series 1 not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.