You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when sharing by cable from macair to smart tv, the macair display becomes very small

from my mac air M1 i have a cable connection to my Samsung smart tv. However, when i do that the display on my macair becomes too small. I presume it is taking the 55 inch resolution and trying to use the same resolution on a 13 inch screen hence why i can barely see the pointer or items on the mac air/ of course in settings i can see that the large screen has been selected and it appears.. but the writing drops are miniscule hence can. not make changes

Any ideas please

thanks in advnce

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:40 AM

Are you mirroring the screens, so that both show the same picture? Or are you using extended desktop mode, where the displays are independent?

If you are mirroring, the Mac might be trying to make one screen use the same resolution as the other.

2 replies

when sharing by cable from macair to smart tv, the macair display becomes very small

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.