You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Ultra

If I buy an Apple Watch Ultra in the US and brought it back to Philippines, will I be able to use the cellular feature of it? I noticed that in Apple Store US, it says supported carriers are AT&T, Verizon and TMobile. In Apple Store Philippines, the supported carrier is Globe Telecom. I wonder if I use the Apple Watch Ultra (bought in the US) in the Philippines, will it work provided my service provider is Globe?

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Kammoowwnn wrote:

Unfortunately no. I tried syncing my Iphone under the local telecom “Globe” and my I-watch ultra that is made from America. I opened the watch app from my iphone then cellular and sadly the “set up cellular” cannot be clicked.
it sucks. I sure hope APPLE can fix this

They cannot change the radio in the Apple Watch Ultra I, nor in any of the Series 3 through Series 8 Apple Watches.

However, it does appear that the Series 9 and the Ultra II use a different cellular radio chip, and there is just one model listed in

hhttps://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

for every country.

So the Series 9 and the Ultra II may be able to use them anywhere in the world (I say MAY, because we have very little reported experience from Series 9 and Ultra II users buying in one region and actually being able to use it in a region that previously had a different cellular radio chip).

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2023 1:02 PM in response to Kammoowwnn

Kammoowwnn wrote:

Unfortunately no. I tried syncing my Iphone under the local telecom “Globe” and my I-watch ultra that is made from America. I opened the watch app from my iphone then cellular and sadly the “set up cellular” cannot be clicked.
it sucks. I sure hope APPLE can fix this

They cannot change the radio in the Apple Watch Ultra I, nor in any of the Series 3 through Series 8 Apple Watches.

However, it does appear that the Series 9 and the Ultra II use a different cellular radio chip, and there is just one model listed in

hhttps://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

for every country.

So the Series 9 and the Ultra II may be able to use them anywhere in the world (I say MAY, because we have very little reported experience from Series 9 and Ultra II users buying in one region and actually being able to use it in a region that previously had a different cellular radio chip).

Jun 3, 2023 3:16 PM in response to arvin190

To be as clear as possible:

1. If you buy your Apple Watch Ultra in the US, you will be able to use it as a GPS only watch and it will NOT connect to the cellular bands in the Philippines
  2. If you buy your Apple Watch Ultra in the US, you will have NO warranty in the Philippines, so if something goes wrong with the watch, you will need to get on a plane and come back to the US, negating any cost benefit and then some if the watch costs less in the US

Bottom line: If you live in the Philippines, buy your watch in the Philippines.

Apple Watch Ultra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.