You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding person to Family Apple One premium plan. How do we cancel their personal iCloud+ plan?

I just signed up for the Apple One Premier plan ($32/m with 2T of iCloud space) and added my wife to the plan. She already has the $10/m iCloud+ plan (2T) and we now want to cancel that. How do we do that?

Both an iCloud and Family plan show up in her iCloud settings, but when we go to downgrade the iCloud account, the free account is grayed out, since she has more than the 5G of space used. But I'm not certain that iCloud is even leading to her own account.

Obviously confused. Any clarity will be most appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 4:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 4:27 PM

For information about what happens to an iCloud plan when switching to a shared plan, see the following from: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2023 4:27 PM in response to tuqqer

For information about what happens to an iCloud plan when switching to a shared plan, see the following from: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Adding person to Family Apple One premium plan. How do we cancel their personal iCloud+ plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.