You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri asking for required app to open garage door, what app?

I am new to Apple home. I started out only wanting to be able to open and close my garage door from my phone and car. I purchased a mini pod and Meross smart garage door opener remote. Everything installed fine. about 90% of the time my garage door shows No Response. When I ask siri to open the garage door, siri responds that I am missing a required app. I can use the Meross app and open/close the garage door. I have reached out to Meross with no response for Meross. I must admit that this has been a very frustration project. I also have Alexa on some devices around the house and Alexa works fine.

What can I do to get the garage door working in home?

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 2:38 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 6, 2023 9:33 AM in response to sgoen

Hello sgoen,

We'd like to see if we can help out. As a start, you'll want to make sure that your HomePod mini is fully updated, as that could help to clear up the issue: Update HomePod - Apple Support

1. "Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS
  2. Open the Home app. 
  3. Tap or click the More button , then Home Settings  > Software Update.
  4. If there's a new update, select Update. If there isn't a new update, you can select HomePod to turn on automatic updates and get the latest software automatically when it's available. Software Update also tells you if your HomePod is already up to date, and shows you the installed HomePod software."

We also recommend ensuring that the third-party app is updated to rule that out as a possible cause: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

We see that you mentioned you've already reached out to the app developer. While this could be a case where you might need to work with them directly, if the above steps haven't resolved the issue, you can always use this link to reach us for further help: Get Support

Regards.

Siri asking for required app to open garage door, what app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.