You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete photos from Photos Recently Deleted

Photos will not delete Photos from those in the Recently Deleted category. There are about 1500 photos in the recently deleted. I select one to permanently delete, and I get an endless "erasing deleted items." And of course it doesn't work if I select all. [Btw, this is on a fresh photos library.] Any advice for solving this issue?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 1:18 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2023 11:52 AM in response to aviavi

I'm not sure what you're doing. I go to "Recently Deleted" and select a picture. It gets a blue check. I'm given the choice to "Recover "or to "Delete 1 Photo." If I click on "Delete 1 Photo" the it warns me and asks if I'm sure. I click "Delete on all Devices" and the picture disappears. This is on a Library that I don't have connected to iCloud, but I think it's about the same I'm syncing with iCloud.

Are you using iCloud to sync Photos on your devices? Exactly how is this different for you? Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you tried restarting with Safe Mode?

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

Is your Library on a drive that is formatted in either APFS format or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format? 

What else have you tried?

Can't delete photos from Photos Recently Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.