You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing Green Glitching Artifacts after export

Hey everyone,

Have tried everything from Deleting Consolidated Clip Files to Reinstalling and still same issue. Started randomly one day and has affected every export from every project since. This does not seem to affect projects where there is only one layer of video and audio, but of course this is rare for the kind of work I do.

Here is a small clip of what the glitch looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95FgtD88LA

As you can see the clips are completely unusable after export. Any help at all would be appreciated. Basically can not export or finish anything I edit and I'm going crazy.

Best

Anthony

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 12:09 PM

6 replies

Jun 5, 2023 12:23 PM in response to MorphLand

You are not providing much information, like: what mac, OS, FCP version, what media, from what camera, what export settings?

Does the media play correctly in Quicktime Player, and in FCP, and is the problem only in the exported file?

Did you delete FCP preferences? Always do that when the application misbehaves. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Did you try exporting as ProRes? Does it suffer from the same problem?

Jun 5, 2023 12:46 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey Luis thanks for the quick response.

Specs:

2023 M2 Pro Mac Mini

MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

FCP 10.4.9

Shot on a Sony a6000 & iPhone

Does not matter what export setting I use, same result. Have tried ProRes, yes.

Videos play fine in the destination folder on my desktop, quicktime handles everything perfectly, everything is fine during import, the edit, but these glitches are only visible after export. I've tried exporting ProRes, and albeit there are many less sections of the video affected by the glitch, it still persists in a lot it. Video is about 11 minutes in length, made for YouTube.

As per your suggestion I've just deleted final cut preferences. Tried a few export methods and still same thing. Other solutions I've tried: Background render is turned off, deleted consolidated clip files, tried to copy everything from one project to another and export again. I even opened up the library on my laptop to see if I could export it from there, same problem.

Thoughts? Pretty perplexing.

Flashing Green Glitching Artifacts after export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.