You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K won’t download apps

My Apple TV 4K, newest version, won’t download apps. All software is updated, I’ve reset the box, all loaded apps work perfectly fine but new apps won’t download.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 11:09 AM

The small cloud icon appears with the down arrow inside, I click on it and the small half circle just spins in a continuous loop. The same thing happens with any new app I try to download. I’m on wi-fi and everything is good there. I can download apps on my IPad and laptop without any issues.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2023 11:09 AM in response to Phil0124

The small cloud icon appears with the down arrow inside, I click on it and the small half circle just spins in a continuous loop. The same thing happens with any new app I try to download. I’m on wi-fi and everything is good there. I can download apps on my IPad and laptop without any issues.

Jun 6, 2023 3:35 PM in response to Jinil2017

That sounds like a connection issue on Apple's store side. Other than wait a few days and see if it gets resolved, the only other option is to take the Apple TV to friend's relative's house and test it on their Wi-Fi.

If it works take it back to your house and see if it stops working, if it does, then there may be a configuration issue on your network but I doubt it if everything else works fine.

If all else fails, a trip to the Apple Store to get it checked out, may be the last option.

Apple TV 4K won’t download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.