You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail app deleted - reinstalled app won't work

My Apple Mail app was deleted by one of my children! I downloaded the app again and opened it expecting my emails to appear. What actually happens is the "Welcome to Mail" window appears, so I click on "iCloud" and it asks for my email address, which I put in, then click "next" and it asks for my password, which I put in and click "next" and it says it's verifying and the wheel spins but then the wheel stops and disappears but nothing has happened. If I click "next" again it just repeats the same thing no matter how many times I try, so the only option is to cancel.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong please. It's and iPhone 8 plus running iOS 16.5.

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 1:19 PM

Go to Settings > your name > iCloud > and turn Mail on here.

4 replies

Apple Mail app deleted - reinstalled app won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.