You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Provider

I no longer have Spectrum for my tv provider I now have DIRECTV, but Spectrum is still the internet provider where I live. I’m not sure if I should change the setting for tv provider to DIRECTV or if that will screw up how the Apple TV works with Spectrum’s internet. Can someone please explain how to set the tv provider setting now?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 9:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 2:45 AM

The settings is only used for Zero or Single Sign-on to separate apps of network TV stations (ABC, NBC, CNN, etc.) that require your TV provider credentials AND support this feature.

Your Spectrum credentials are no longer valid for these apps, when you have no TV plan with them. You should change it to your current TV provider (regardless of ISP), if you use such apps separately, instead of the “combined” TV provider app. The TV provider app will work regardless, with its own sign in credentials.

TV providers that let you sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

Apps that let you sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

DirecTV app - App Store preview - Apple (US)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2023 2:45 AM in response to BrendaC1934

The settings is only used for Zero or Single Sign-on to separate apps of network TV stations (ABC, NBC, CNN, etc.) that require your TV provider credentials AND support this feature.

Your Spectrum credentials are no longer valid for these apps, when you have no TV plan with them. You should change it to your current TV provider (regardless of ISP), if you use such apps separately, instead of the “combined” TV provider app. The TV provider app will work regardless, with its own sign in credentials.

TV providers that let you sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

Apps that let you sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

DirecTV app - App Store preview - Apple (US)

TV Provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.