You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16 inch M1 OR Macbook Pro 14 inch M2? HELP - cannot decide!

I am torn between the M1 16-inch refurbished Macbook Pro and the new 14-inch M2 Macbook Pro. Both are excellent machines, I do love the look of the larger screen and am leaning towards that one. And the base model of the M2 14-inch has the same storage, CPU, and GPU as the 16-inch Macbook Pro M1.

Obviously one is a newer computer, so that is something. But there is the known issue of only one SSD card in the new base models of the M2 computers that can create a bottleneck and slow down performance by as much as 50%!

The price between these two options is almost the same, with the M1 16-inch refurbished being just $100 more. So that is stopping me, I would be paying MORE for an older model. But it doesn't have the SSD issue....

HELP! Which is the better purchase?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 11:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 10:58 AM

Don't buy apple in 2023, they are selling defective products.

Similar questions

8 replies

Jun 10, 2023 5:11 PM in response to DTrif

if you pulled the back off a recently-built M1, purchased today, you might find only one SSD array there, leading to the measured reduced speeds that Blogger was complaining about. But he also freely admitted "most people will not notice.".

Apple reserves the right to make changes during production, and substitute different parts, as cost and availability of those parts varies with existing conditions. No guarantees.

Jun 10, 2023 5:59 PM in response to DTrif

You should go for 14 inch MacBook Pro M2 Base Model. It's not only about the SSD Speed, in real world this Notebook is more powerful than M1 Pro. You will get better performance while you use 3D GPU based task. It will more stable in future after some OS updates. Again I am telling you go for it, it's a beast.

Macbook Pro 16 inch M1 OR Macbook Pro 14 inch M2? HELP - cannot decide!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.