You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the 32 bit iPhoto app. What do I need to do to get it updated?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 9:36 AM

iPhoto was updated when you upgrade your macOS, until it was discontinued in 2015 and replaced by Photos.

If you are running macOS 12.6 as indicated in your post, you can hold down the option key while opening the Photos app and it will give you the option to select your iPhoto Library and Photos will open and convert it to Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2023 9:36 AM in response to treadlightly_9821

iPhoto was updated when you upgrade your macOS, until it was discontinued in 2015 and replaced by Photos.

If you are running macOS 12.6 as indicated in your post, you can hold down the option key while opening the Photos app and it will give you the option to select your iPhoto Library and Photos will open and convert it to Photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.