You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod won't accept my apple password

I recently replaced my ipod and I can't sign in using my Apple login, it's the same one I used to login here and into my account on my laptop. I tried the answers to the same question I found on here but they didn't work.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 2:12 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2024 2:10 AM in response to JayCrow

JayCrow wrote:

I do not want to change my password. Why won't Apple accept it when I know it is correct?

Either:

• you're trying to sign in on a different user ID, or the ID has been typed in incorrectly
    • it isn't the correct password, despite what you believe
    • the password is case sensitive, so either you have Caps Lock on, or are not using capitals and lowercase in the same way that you did when you created the password
    • you have not added the two-factor authentication that WinsC1 referred to and that Leanne realised was what was causing her issue

Here's a tip that I use when I forget a frequently used password (and it is always a frequently used one):

walk away and have a hot relaxing drink (cup of proper tea if you're in the UK, cup of European style tea (an infusion perhaps) if you're somewhere else in Europe apart from the UK, or a cup coffee if you're in America), and then come back to the sign in after a sit down. It's then that I realise that I was putting it in incorrectly.

There is of course, one other possibility: someone you know (such an irritating sibling) has got into your account and changed your password. However, to do that, that person would have needed to know your original password, so if you don't know anyone who would do that and there's no possibility that anyone could have guessed your password, it isn't what has happened.

Jun 13, 2023 5:50 PM in response to LeanneFinn

Hey LeanneFinn,

It sounds like you're having an issue getting your Apple ID password to be accepted.

First, we'd recommend checking to ensure that it may not be requesting a password for a different Apple ID. This article should help locate any other Apple IDs you may have: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

If it's not accepting the password, you may want to try resetting it using the steps here: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you're Apple ID is set up to use two-factor authentication, and your iPod is an older model, you may need to add your two-factor authentication code to the end of your password when submitting it on your iPod.

Thanks!

My ipod won't accept my apple password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.