You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting an error when creating an icloud mail account.

Hello,

I have a <username>@gmail.com appleid already in use. And I want to create a new icloud mail account in iphone settings. But I'm getting an error when creating an new icloud mail account.

Can you please help me what's wrong?

Device: iPhone 13 / iOS 16.5

I've tried with different network connections without any VPN or DNS configurations. -> Cellular LTE and Wi-Fi

iPhone 13, 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 4:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 7:51 AM

Your Apple ID say example1@gmail.com is signed in the device .

Maximum limit for creating Apple ID from the hardware address of iphone is three , you can't create more Apple ID accounts , however again sign in with your same Apple ID and it's account credentials ( in fact you have signed out the Apple ID ) in the empty fields or sign in with another apple id that was created from another Mac / iPad or different iPhone .

See the article 

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : if you are trying to create email account already used from this iPhone say example2@icloud.com this as an Apple ID and maximum limit of creating this mail address has been reused , the account will not be created.

You can use a different Apple ID already created from a different browser and then add the mail account Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2023 7:51 AM in response to alidgn

Your Apple ID say example1@gmail.com is signed in the device .

Maximum limit for creating Apple ID from the hardware address of iphone is three , you can't create more Apple ID accounts , however again sign in with your same Apple ID and it's account credentials ( in fact you have signed out the Apple ID ) in the empty fields or sign in with another apple id that was created from another Mac / iPad or different iPhone .

See the article 

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : if you are trying to create email account already used from this iPhone say example2@icloud.com this as an Apple ID and maximum limit of creating this mail address has been reused , the account will not be created.

You can use a different Apple ID already created from a different browser and then add the mail account Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 13, 2023 7:26 AM in response to alidgn

What is status of your Apple ID use this link from a web browser https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

If account is verified on the server a green check mark will appear , may be your Apple ID , its password are correct , but your other account credentials for secondary authentication account like three answers for respective questions , date of birth are incorrect .

also what is the status of mail address say example1@gmail.com on gmail server , do it exist there also https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7682439?hl=en

Jun 13, 2023 2:31 AM in response to tygb

Thank you for your reply,

I would like to create a new iCloud email account with my Gmail.com Apple ID, which is currently signed in on an iPhone. In the Mail settings of the Settings app, I am trying to create an email account, but it throws an error. I tried on another iPhone, but the same error occurred again.

Finally, I was able to fix the problem using my iPad, which also uses the same Apple ID associated with Gmail.com.

I believe there may be an issue with iOS.

I'm getting an error when creating an icloud mail account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.