You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi to Cellular Transition

Having a problem with my iphone 11 not switching to cellular data when wifi is no longer available and not switching back to wifi when wifi is available. In order to force the phone to switch to cellular data I have to go into settings and switch off wif.

When near wifi I have to shut off cellular data in settings for force the phone to goto wifi, once I force the phone it will work fine with out doing anything else till I leave the wifi area.

Currently using ios 16.5, but have been having issues dating back to iOS 14 or 15.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 6:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 11:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have rebooted and reset the network settings numerous times to no avail.

3 replies

Jun 15, 2023 11:01 AM in response to lindatonya

Hello lindatonya,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about your iPhone not connecting to cellular data when you're off Wi-Fi, and we'd like to help.

Based on the steps you've taken already, we recommend resetting the network settings on your iPhone, to see if it works as normal after. The following link can explain it, and this will help refresh the cellular and Wi-Fi connections to ensure they're working the best they can: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Wi-Fi to Cellular Transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.