You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help with the "Cache" file location of BorisFX Application Manager

Hi,

I am not sure I am on right place and if not please delete my request or move to suitable section.

I bought BorisFX Plugins ( Continuum, Sapphire, MochaPro (Perpetual) + Silhouette (Perpetual).

I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019. The issues are . . .

showed like above, the Log-in area is white blank and BorisFX Ad area is also blank. I can see the Ad if I click any tab except Products Tab.

The second issue I am facing with the Version info.

I have download the latest version of Sapphire from their website but still the application is showing me I have available software to update. It is showing me the version I installed on system is 16.501 and new version 16.51 is available to download even I have installed 16.51.

I have contacted them since 3 Jun 2023 as I was suggested to do so from BorisFX FB page as it start annoying me. They cannot even help me to fix till this point. However I got email from their support today and suggested me to clear the cache and the issue will fix.

The location they have suggested me is

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache

I tried but I have no clue where to find the location. I have emailed them but I might take awhile to get back from them. If any chance please kindly help me to locate the location.

I found Users\<username>\ but cannot find C:\ and AppData anywhere.

Kind Regards

Mac Pro, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:11 PM

mrzayar wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure I am on right place and if not please delete my request or move to suitable section.

I bought BorisFX Plugins ( Continuum, Sapphire, MochaPro (Perpetual) + Silhouette (Perpetual).
I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019.

Your path as suggested above <C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache>

is Windows OS

For your third party app—If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates... Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

ref

Support - Boris FX

Support & Maintenance Contracts

Boris FX Knowledgebase

https://borisfx.com/faq/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2023 3:11 PM in response to mrzayar

mrzayar wrote:

Hi,

I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019.

Your path as suggested above <C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache>

is Windows OS

For your third party app—If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates... Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

ref

Support - Boris FX

Support & Maintenance Contracts

Boris FX Knowledgebase

https://borisfx.com/faq/

Please help with the "Cache" file location of BorisFX Application Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.