You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription to change the region will I lose my music?

Hello

I've lived in Germany for a while, so my Apple ID region is set to Germany at the moment although I'm not there anymore. I'd like to change the region of my ID to match where I'm now since some services that exist here I don't have access to because they don't exist in Germany (i.e. HBO Max). Now, the problem is that to change the region I need to cancel my Apple Music's running subscription first.

My question is - if I cancel it "today" (and still have some time left in this month's paid service) and immediately renew it but just under the new region I'd select - will I keep all my music, playlists etc. as they are or will it all disappear? If it all disappears, is there a way to export it somehow just so that my Music app can recognise the current state again later?

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:01 AM

1. You will not be able to change countries until the subscription expires. If it's still active, even though its actually canceled, then it won't let you change the country.
  2. They will disappear. Due to availability differences in different countries, your Apple Music subscription service tracks will be removed from the devices, and you will need to add them to your library again. You can export a playlist if you have a computer and use that to get your tracks back if they are available in the new country.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2023 8:01 AM in response to Maji_luka

1. You will not be able to change countries until the subscription expires. If it's still active, even though its actually canceled, then it won't let you change the country.
  2. They will disappear. Due to availability differences in different countries, your Apple Music subscription service tracks will be removed from the devices, and you will need to add them to your library again. You can export a playlist if you have a computer and use that to get your tracks back if they are available in the new country.

Jun 27, 2023 7:35 AM in response to anssu16

As I said above:

If you can't wait for it to expire, you can contact Apple Support directly and have them terminate the subscription immediately.

click here ➜ Contact Apple Support

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription to change the region will I lose my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.