You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls to iWatch Instead of iPhone

I have a new iWatch (Series 8) that I have paired with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I cannot hear a call on my iPhone - only my iWatch. What can I do to change the call sound back to my iPhone?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:09 AM

When Wrist Detection can tell that your Watch is on your wrist and unlocked, you will receive all notifications, including calls to your Watch. If you are wearing your Watch and have your iPhone in your pocket or nearby, then you can just pick up the call on there, even if it rings on your Apple Watch. If it is vital that the sound plays on your iPhone, then simply not wearing your Watch when you expect the call is the best way to go about this. Apologies.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2023 8:09 AM in response to dePaulo

When Wrist Detection can tell that your Watch is on your wrist and unlocked, you will receive all notifications, including calls to your Watch. If you are wearing your Watch and have your iPhone in your pocket or nearby, then you can just pick up the call on there, even if it rings on your Apple Watch. If it is vital that the sound plays on your iPhone, then simply not wearing your Watch when you expect the call is the best way to go about this. Apologies.

Calls to iWatch Instead of iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.