You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Xbox controller firmware without access to an Xbox or Windows PC?

Xbox controllers are used for many Apple Arcade and third-party games on iOS, macOS, and tvOS. These controllers have updatable firmware. Is there a way to do a firmware update on iOS, macOS, or tvOS?

The last time someone asked this question they were linked to Microsoft's support page for how to update the firmware: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

That support page explains how easy updating your firmware is! Simply select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories on your Xbox for wireless updates. You can also use the Xbox accessories app on your PC running Windows 10 or 11 to update.

So let me make clear what my question is: given that this support page is useless for people who do not own an Xbox or a Windows PC and linking to that page again does not answer the question, is it possible to use an Apple product running iOS, macOS, or tvOS to update the controller firmware?

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 11:57 PM

Did you ever figure this out? Or should I return it? I don't have anything microsoft

2 replies

How do I update Xbox controller firmware without access to an Xbox or Windows PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.