You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dose iPhone 13 Indian variant support dual eSIM

Hi,

I have iPhone 13 Indian variant which have dual sim capabilities and have a physical SIM slot and eSIM support too. Currently I’m using one physical and one eSIM to use dual SIM capabilities. My question is dose it supports dual eSIM too?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:03 PM

Re: “… NOT "dual eSIM" …”

🤔 Not sure that this is an accurate statement for “13” and later … ???

(Although I’m not aware of any unique differences on Indian models)

The last para of the posted chat says that Dual-eSIM IS supported (on 13 and later) AND that also matches what Apple has stated for quite some time here:

… iPhone 13 models and later also support two active eSIMs …

Source: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2023 12:03 PM in response to KiltedTim

Re: “… NOT "dual eSIM" …”

🤔 Not sure that this is an accurate statement for “13” and later … ???

(Although I’m not aware of any unique differences on Indian models)

The last para of the posted chat says that Dual-eSIM IS supported (on 13 and later) AND that also matches what Apple has stated for quite some time here:

… iPhone 13 models and later also support two active eSIMs …

Source: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Jun 19, 2023 12:08 PM in response to pratimdtt

The confusion might be that if you enable 2 eSIMS you cannot also have a physical SIM installed.

See→Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Specifically:

All iPhone models that support eSIM can have multiple eSIMs and use Dual SIM with two active SIMs at the same time. 

You can use Dual SIM by using a physical SIM and an eSIM. iPhone 13 models and later also support two active eSIMs. iPhone models without a physical SIM tray support two active eSIMs.

Oct 9, 2023 11:13 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Hi everyone,

I have finally come to conclusion of this discussion.

currently I’m using 1 Physical SIM and have saved 2 eSIMs on my iPhone 13 ( India) and successfully able to use both eSIMs simultaneously, that’s directly proves that using dual eSIM on iPhone 13 and above is possible even if they have a physical SIM slot.

I’m attaching screenshots for reference.

Dose iPhone 13 Indian variant support dual eSIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.