You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I approve my iphone from another device with passcode

I need to Update Apple ID Settings for both my iPad and iPhone, but having problems because I don’t remember what my previous passcodes were.

After receiving this message: “If you can't remember your passcode for iPhone, you can approve this iPhone from another one of your devices signed into iCloud, or you can reset your end-to-end encrypted data”. 

I’m signed into my iPad cloud and hoping this will allow me to receive a passcode for my iPhone. There were no instructions on how to receive the passcode on the screen so I’m asking for help here

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 7:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 12:10 PM

I used the instructions below and went as far as requesting a verification code for both my iPad and iPhone, but I’m unsure where it’s to be entered because there isn’t a screen popping up requesting the code . I’m also signed into my Apple account. Am I missing a step?

2 replies

Jun 15, 2023 7:16 PM in response to Pdcali38

To see how to get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' click here --> Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

- Use a Trusted Device: Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch. Code is either generated automatically or manually using Settings on the Trusted Device.

- Text or phone call to a trusted telephone number (any telephone; even landlines).

- Get a code from an Account Recovery Contact --> Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support

- Instructions at the end about what to do if you cannot get a code and need to use account recovery.

If you lack a way to view a verification code but can still log into your Apple Account, you can add a way to get a code. "You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page." Click here --> https://appleid.apple.com/

From: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you have no available trusted devices or numbers, and cannot sign into your account, to add a way to get a verification code, read:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you still need assistance:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

How do I approve my iphone from another device with passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.