You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time zone query

It seems that neither of the choice for time zones suits my needs.

If I have the NY override on, then everything goes to the NY time zone, even if I'm making a new appointment from overseas and want it to show the overseas time.

If I leave the override off, it shows everything in the local time, even if it's an event I want to set up for NY.

So, what I really need is a setting that will keep the time that I put in, not change it whether I'm in NY, France, London, Thailand or anywhere else. I want to know that the time is correct for wherever the event will take place - even if made from a different country.

How can I get the calendar to accommodate me?

Rochelle G.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 5:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 5:24 AM

Calendar allows you to “fix” the timezone “per appointment” to virtually any geographical location.

e.g. Setting an appointment for “1300 Tuesday 2023-06-20 in New Delhi will then display at the correct local time on YOUR device(s) regardless of your actual physical location.

This is - IMO - the best way to do it as the computer prevents you from having to perform the error-prone mental gymnastics needed to account for the IDL AND the non-uniformity of DST changes - at both locations - into account.

”Override” - as you’ve discovered - forces everything onto your default - presumably “home” - timezone.

The default behavior places the event in the time zone you’re “actually in” when scheduling the event.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2023 5:24 AM in response to BeginRo50

Calendar allows you to “fix” the timezone “per appointment” to virtually any geographical location.

e.g. Setting an appointment for “1300 Tuesday 2023-06-20 in New Delhi will then display at the correct local time on YOUR device(s) regardless of your actual physical location.

This is - IMO - the best way to do it as the computer prevents you from having to perform the error-prone mental gymnastics needed to account for the IDL AND the non-uniformity of DST changes - at both locations - into account.

”Override” - as you’ve discovered - forces everything onto your default - presumably “home” - timezone.

The default behavior places the event in the time zone you’re “actually in” when scheduling the event.

time zone query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.