You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reopen closed Safari tabs

Hello! I desperately need help.

I reached the 500 tabs limit in Safari and I accidentally chose to close all of them, and now I’m trying to find a way to restore them. The problem is, all of them were in private mode. I know there is the option to reopen closed instances, but that wouldn’t bring anything. It’s not whole instances who got closed, but all tabs within all instances, the instances themselves are still are still open. I really really hope there is a way to restore all the tabs…

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 5:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 6:20 AM

When using Private Browsing, by design, tabs and browsing history are not saved. Once closed, tabs cannot be recovered.

2 replies

Feb 23, 2024 12:44 AM in response to LotusPilot

I didn’t close the tabs. I entered safari and everything vanished. It looks like I opened a new safari. On iPad, u can open more than one safari, and if u delete ur main safari u can restore it by pressing the “view all windows” button then “Reopen the closed window”. What I wanna say is I know in the iPad but not in the iPhone. So is there a way I can restore them like the iPad?

Reopen closed Safari tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.