You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out macpro

Changed the password for my Apple today. But now I’m locked out of my macpro

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:48 PM

Loysg Said:

"Locked out macpro: Changed the password for my Apple today. But now I’m locked out of my macpro"

-------

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. From there, you'd have a new password to use.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:48 PM in response to Loysg

Loysg Said:

"Locked out macpro: Changed the password for my Apple today. But now I’m locked out of my macpro"

-------

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. From there, you'd have a new password to use.

Jun 17, 2023 8:52 AM in response to Loysg

Loysg Said:

"Locked out macpro: I’ve gone thru the recovery process. Allowed to reset password. But sign on screen on Mac will not accept password...with message ‘your account is locked’

———-

Contact Apple Support:

Call Apple Support and say: “I need to speak with an Apple Rep. My user account on my Mac is locked.

Show this to them Firsthand:

While in the phone with the Apple Rep, you can simplify the discussion process by using the iPhone’s iSight Camera, to show them what is occurring firsthand, from your perspective. Use my User Tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - Apple Support

Apple Support Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Locked out macpro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.