You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail settings > List Preview lines > None show

On Ventura 13.4 ... earlier today my Mail showed a line per message, and looked like this:

I changed the layout to preview below, cleared out a bunch of email, and now the view has no preview:

Settings show 2 lines. I have closed mail and restarted the computer (not just Mail)... several times, including Safe Mode:

There is no mail list in the view options:

Looks like the view I had a few hours ago was the "classic view" - which is now gone from Mac? Even so, shouldn't the List Preview lines still work??

Appreciate any ideas/suggestions/condolences :-)

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 8:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 4:39 AM

List Preview only works on the normal view.

Column layout is a standard table-like view with one row per message.

In your screenshot, you don't appear to have the message viewer open, so I closed mine and checked the menu--exactly the same. Open the Message Viewer window to change settings for that View.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2023 4:39 AM in response to PNWsandy

List Preview only works on the normal view.

Column layout is a standard table-like view with one row per message.

In your screenshot, you don't appear to have the message viewer open, so I closed mine and checked the menu--exactly the same. Open the Message Viewer window to change settings for that View.

Mail settings > List Preview lines > None show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.