You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What songs from Hillsong are restricted and cannot be added to iMovie?

What songs from Hillsong are restricted and cannot be added to iMovie? King of Kings shows up in my Music catalog, but will not appear in iMovie. Help

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 2:11 PM

Songs that are in Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be used in iMovie. Thay are DRM protected, and also, being from a subscription service, they only can be used for streaming, not downloading to an app.

I checked and the song King of Kings can be purchased on iTunes for $1.29. It will be DRM free and can be used in iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2023 2:11 PM in response to jdljr12

Songs that are in Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be used in iMovie. Thay are DRM protected, and also, being from a subscription service, they only can be used for streaming, not downloading to an app.

I checked and the song King of Kings can be purchased on iTunes for $1.29. It will be DRM free and can be used in iMovie.

-- Rich

What songs from Hillsong are restricted and cannot be added to iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.