You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t receive call

There is one of my contacts that every time they call me it goes straight to voicemail. I don’t get a missed call I don’t get a notification but they can text me and I can call and text them. What is the problem?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 4:39 PM

Hello Dresstakill!

Please go to the Contacts app. Now, look for, and click on, the contact in question. Next, tap “Message.” From this page, tap their contact picture at the very top of the conversation. Finally, make sure that the “Hide Alerts” switch is OFF.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, you may want to Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support for further troubleshooting.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2023 4:39 PM in response to Dresstakill

Hello Dresstakill!

Please go to the Contacts app. Now, look for, and click on, the contact in question. Next, tap “Message.” From this page, tap their contact picture at the very top of the conversation. Finally, make sure that the “Hide Alerts” switch is OFF.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, you may want to Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support for further troubleshooting.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Can’t receive call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.