You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures

I would like to transfer my photos to the computer and Icloud but not loosing any photos if I delete them from my Iphone. Can you give me the steps that I have to take to do that? I want my phone to be clean so I can have more space to take more photos. How can I delete tha photos on the Iphone but not on the computer and Icloud? Is there a way?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 6:27 PM

iCloud is not an archive service, it is a syncing service. This means if you delete a photo you sync with iCloud, it deletes everywhere, including iCloud.

Here is a link which explains how to upload your photos to your computer outside of iCloud, where they will remain --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2023 6:27 PM in response to Yota1

iCloud is not an archive service, it is a syncing service. This means if you delete a photo you sync with iCloud, it deletes everywhere, including iCloud.

Here is a link which explains how to upload your photos to your computer outside of iCloud, where they will remain --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC – Apple Support (UK)

Jun 17, 2023 6:49 PM in response to Yota1

Yota1 Said:

"Pictures: [...]I want my phone to be clean so I can have more space to take more photos.[...]"

-------

For thought...

Rather than fiddling with photos, just clear internal space. I'm sure not much is taken up, if only a couple hundred exist.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.