You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left click on my mouse stopped working after macOS Ventura update

After the last Apple update, the left click on my mouse stopped working. I used a double left-click all the time to select a word. I'm using a Mac OS Ventura 13.4 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5. I've been trying to resolve this for a week now, but can't find an answer.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:45 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 28, 2023 1:15 PM in response to IDKwhattonameit

I have the same issue after the update to 13.4.1 on my 16inch M1 MacBook Pro 2021. The primary click stopped working and restart didn't help. I restarted in recovery mode where everything was normal and proceed to reboot again when it momentarily fixed the problem until it came back again after a few minutes.

I called the apple support and they suggested to reinstall Mac OS from recovery mode. I did and it started working again however, it is intermittent. Read below behaviour post reinstall:

I have noticed that I can reproduce the problem by letting the MacBook sleep on its own due to inactivity. As soon as the display goes off, I press the click to wake it up again and the problem comes back. Note that you have to wake it up quickly otherwise if you leave it for more than a few seconds before waking it up again, it goes to the password prompt and not sure if it is reproducible that way.

Once it gets into this state, I have noticed that it fixes itself after leaving it for a while or restarting in recovery and then full restart. This is really disruptive and I have read some reddit posts where I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. Please fix or escalate.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jun 27, 2023 1:12 PM in response to _grapple

I was able to get the left click to work again because somehow the key repeat "delay until repeat" setting in the system preferences under "keyboard" was set too fast. When I slowed it down, the left click started to work again. Apparently, the key delay repeat overrode the double click. Sorry if I haven't explained it well, but I'm an "I know how to drive this car, but I can't change the tires" kind of computer user.🤓

Left click on my mouse stopped working after macOS Ventura update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.