You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i know whether remote erased data is done on my lost iphone 8 with version of 16.3 ?

I lost my Iphone 8+ since 15 and today is 21 June 2023 and still can locate the device but I still can't find it. I would like to erase all the data on iphone 8+ since i know that I may not get it back. So I request to erase the data in it and it loading "Erase Pending" that made me don't know that whether my data is erased or not.

Moreover, I got a mail with subject "Activation lock is requesting your password". I don't know what did that cause of that mail.

Can you help guide me on how can i make sure that all my data is erased already?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 12:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 12:31 AM

Have a look at these steps:

copied from: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Also check this related article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Your iPhone will be erased automatically, as soon as it connects to the mobile network or Wi-Fi.

Don't remove it from your device list, since this will deactivate the Activation Lock.

Since you have gotten a message about the Activation Lock and the password needed, it seems, that somebody is trying to disable the Activation Lock. If so, don't remove it from your list of registered devices.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2023 12:31 AM in response to A_Nit123

Have a look at these steps:

copied from: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Also check this related article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Your iPhone will be erased automatically, as soon as it connects to the mobile network or Wi-Fi.

Don't remove it from your device list, since this will deactivate the Activation Lock.

Since you have gotten a message about the Activation Lock and the password needed, it seems, that somebody is trying to disable the Activation Lock. If so, don't remove it from your list of registered devices.

How can i know whether remote erased data is done on my lost iphone 8 with version of 16.3 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.