You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay won’t work when plugged in

my CarPlay is supposed to work when I plug it in using an apple factory lightning cord. However, mine will not connect. My husband’s and son’s connects with no issues. I have done every trick recommended in Google and YouTube. I have bought a new cord, completed a hard reset on my phone, checked all the settings, even compared the settings to my husbands. I called apple support and they were unable to help and said to get a new cord (which I did and it still didn’t help). When I click on CarPlay on my phone it just spins and won’t find my car. The screen on my car won’t say “CarPlay” either for me. Can anyone please help?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:40 PM

Hi Neeshum8

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "CarPlay won’t work when plugged in"

Wondering if your car is one of the model;s that can use CarPlay, and if you have the manufacturer's CarPlay info.:

CarPlay is available on select automobiles (see the iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple website)

and on select aftermarket navigation systems.

As CarPlay isn't working as you would expect it to, try following Apple support's online articles (links below).

find out what to do: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

More info:

Re: "When I click on CarPlay on my phone it just spins and won’t find my car."

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

Re: "The screen on my car won’t say “CarPlay” either for me".

Learn how to set up and use CarPlay. Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

and

Use your vehicle’s built-in controls to control CarPlay - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2023 9:40 PM in response to Neeshum8

Hi Neeshum8

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "CarPlay won’t work when plugged in"

Wondering if your car is one of the model;s that can use CarPlay, and if you have the manufacturer's CarPlay info.:

CarPlay is available on select automobiles (see the iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple website)

and on select aftermarket navigation systems.

As CarPlay isn't working as you would expect it to, try following Apple support's online articles (links below).

find out what to do: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

More info:

Re: "When I click on CarPlay on my phone it just spins and won’t find my car."

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

Re: "The screen on my car won’t say “CarPlay” either for me".

Learn how to set up and use CarPlay. Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

and

Use your vehicle’s built-in controls to control CarPlay - Apple Support

All the best :-)

CarPlay won’t work when plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.