You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to save mail attachments on iPad IOS 16.5 version

I received an email with a PDF attachment. When I open the pdf, there is no longer a way to save the file using the option Share the File/Save to Files. It says On my iPad is empty. The “save” button is grayed out. How can I save pdf attachments on my iPad?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:27 AM

Presumably the PDF attachment within the received email has an icon.

Touch-and-hold the PDF file icon; an action menu should appear. From the menu, select Save to Files; navigate to where you wish to save your PDF file, the tap Save.

Note that when saving to On My iPad, you may have to first create a folder within which to save the document; files cannot be directly saved in the root directory.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2023 9:27 AM in response to Jnewton2023

Presumably the PDF attachment within the received email has an icon.

Touch-and-hold the PDF file icon; an action menu should appear. From the menu, select Save to Files; navigate to where you wish to save your PDF file, the tap Save.

Note that when saving to On My iPad, you may have to first create a folder within which to save the document; files cannot be directly saved in the root directory.

Not able to save mail attachments on iPad IOS 16.5 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.